When building the A100 twin, I went to a lot of work to connect the two
camera's power supplies in parallel. I decided to do this since I didn't
know how the shutter trigger circuits worked. Without knowing the circuit
design, I couldn't guarantee that I wouldn't inadvertently create a current loop
though the shutter circuit. When thinking over the A200, I decided to skip
that step. I had no more information than I had four weeks earlier, I was
just in a bigger hurry and decided to take the risk.
As I had predicted, the A200 was identical to the A100. Disassembly went
Don't forget to discharge that flash capacitor!
Again, wiring went quickly. I had decided to skip the step of cabling the
power supplies, which meant running only two 2-conductor cables between the
cameras. I used some more of that great headphone wire.
I bought a new drill bit to speed the work on the aluminum spacer bar. By
using a 1/2" bit and a decent sized power drill, I was able to finish the perforation
in just a couple of hours (half the time required with the 3/8" bit).
A drill press or a milling machine would reduce that time even more.
The moment of truth came. With fire extinguisher at the ready, I powered
the cameras up and pressed the shutter button. It worked right
out of the chute. All that was left was gluing and aligning.